The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 北京新房成交超6000套 二手房价回到历史高位
- Fixed Income Securities
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 2016世界家具贸易或将达1490亿美元 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 河北将创建600个国家森林乡村 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 地价超2万限价卖3万 开发商要“亏本”卖房？: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- “家具企业+互联网金融”成新热点 众筹模式或解资金难题 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
9. "Vikings" (2.3 million)
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 电商与家装渠道崛起 门窗企业“马太效应”凸显
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 集中整治半年有余 部分小区地下室群租房现反弹
- 金九银十季 家居制造业“普工荒”成高悬之剑
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- Supply-side structural reform: Cutting overcapacity, destocking, deleveraging, reducing costs and identifying growth areas
- “The Fed was much more aggressive than expected,” Mr Koepke says. “Taking markets by surprise was clearly not the way to go.” (This was before the Fed began making regular public statements after its monetary policy meetings.)
- 无极国际建材装饰城品牌签约仪式举行 10大企业入驻直供市场
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
Benchmark oil prices dropped below $40 a barrel last week, the lowest level in six years, darkening investor sentiment towards commodity-linked companies and exporting countries including Brazil, Russia and South Africa.
James Franco’s new movie about the making of The Room will make you belly-laugh, but its comedy is also deeper and richer than mere mockery.